Driving times are approximate but listed to assist in arriving on time from:
- Reno: 35 minutes via Highway 395/I580
- Incline Village: 50 minutes via Highways 28, 50, 395/I580
- Kings Beach: 60 minutes via Highways 28, 50, 395/I580
- South Lake Tahoe & Stateline: 60 minutes via Highways 50, 395/I580
- Truckee: 75 minutes via Highways 267, 28, 50, 395/I580, Alternate 80, 395/I580
- Tahoe City: 80 minutes via Highways 28, 50, 395/I580
- Squaw Valley: 90 minutes via Highways 89, 28, 50, 395/I580, Alternate 89, 80, 395/I580
How to find the Airport once you get to Carson City
It would appear easy to find the Carson City Airport, but many people get lost. Even with a GPS, many people get lost because of the recent road construction.
The easiest way to drive directly to the location is to follow these directions. The new 395/I-580 freeway extension now goes right to Route 50 so as you come down from Tahoe on Route 50, you can get right on freeway 395/I-580 north into Carson City.
From the 395/I580 freeway, take exit 41 and go east on College Parkway. The airport is less than a mile from the freeway (College Parkway also crosses the 395 main business non freeway Carson Street). You drive into the main airport terminal entrance and go right to the Sterling Air building. Address is 2640 E. College Parkway, Carson City, NV 89706-0402 USA. During typical non business hours (before 8:00 AM weekdays or on Saturday/Sunday), the front door may be locked. Do not worry, the Paul and the Powered Hang Glider usually shows up at the scheduled time.
For transportation to and from Reno the Carson Valley Airporter leaves from the Hampton Inn (closest to Carson Airport) at 7:00 AM, 9:00 AM, 1:00 PM and 5:30 PM to Reno airport and Reno Transportation hub. You can take the Carson Valley Airporter to the Hampton Inn also from Reno. Must make reservations. A cab from the Hampton Inn to the airport is about $15 and available at 831-2333 or 575-6500